Re: [proaudio] I want to contribute

On Monday 09 November 2015 02:10:16 Keen Blade wrote:
>I am not against git but what do evermind and dominique think?
>Also I think there is no need to touch svn repo. No need to rename it. We
>just have to migrate to git with all the repo history and users. Ones the
>svn repo is migrated to git and it  seems to be working, we just anounce it
>and adjust the links. Later we can remove the non working or obsolete
>ebuilds.

I agree that this approach is better, mainly because it keeps the history
intact.

Additionally, I wonder if it would perhaps be best not to use git-svn for the
conversion, see http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6778.  There's some documentation on
using reposurgeon for this at http://www.catb.org/~esr/reposurgeon/dvcs-migration-guide.html.  I don't know much about it other than what its author
wrote on his blog, but it was used to convert the Emacs repository to Git (and
various other projects; the one other I know of is groff).  Maybe reposurgeon
is overkill here, but I think that it's at least worth considering.

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup