Re: [proaudio] Some ebuild reports seems to be unnoticed

2013/12/9 Zlobin Nikita <nick87720z@xxxxxxxxx>
Hello. I thought, that there are just low time to cause some reports be
forgotten, but i see some activity there now.

When i created per-package messages, linking to "Several ebuilds", some are
even not considered (no reply, describing decision, even wether they are
rejected).

E.g., openoctave-midi and ac3jack.
For first there is live ebuild, which is broken. I have it fixed for self, it
works fine, like expected after some trial under ubuntu.
As for ac3jack - i don't know anything else, adding ac3 support to jack.. Or it
is indeed unneeded? Version from overlay has some compilation problems, i
added patch.

Screencastor. As i said, it depends on "vte", for which any slot matches, but
it needs previous - "vte:0".

Yet. what about ardour ebuild?
Btw, i got minimal dark gtkrc, defining only functional stuff (colors for
mute/solo/rec buttons, tracks).

Hi!

I have not forgotten about your ebuilds. Sorry if you expected me or someone else to give you a notice about the status of the process. I will take a look at it later on when I get the time.

The following sections might be considered somewhat off topic, but I think these issues might be related to the process in general.

If you feel you want to speed up the process you can always submit all changes you make to the overlay as SVN diffs. This is my personal opinion, but I think it is a lot easier to review changes as patches, so if you send the patches it will save me the work of moving the ebuilds to the overlay tree and then generate the patch (using "svn diff"). This was just a little nitpicking from my side...

Well, I would appreciate if someone could take a look at the ebuilds too. I will do it myself sooner or later, but the more the merrier. Also, all people that have commit rights can commit the changes and if someone (including me) has any questions those can be dealt with later on.

Also, with the risk of going off topic.. Would it be an idea to give more people commit rights? I believe that the risk of messing things up is small and there is SVN to save us if it is needed. All changes can be reverted and all changes are sent to the mailing list a soon as the SVN is updated.

Regards,
Karl