Re: [proaudio] Current jack-audio-connection-kit::proaudio incompatible with ABI flags?

Le Wed, 30 Oct 2013 23:54:41 +0100,
Evi1M4chine <evi1m4chine@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Am 30.10.2013 23:12, schrieb Karl Lindén:
> > Well, there are some ebuilds in the overlay but they are under
> > package.mask because all dependencies are not yet migrated to
> > multilib eclasses.
> Ah, yes, I see them. Emerge didn’t take them because of the masking.
>
> > The packages that are not yet migrated are sys-apps/dbus [1]
> That is very unfortunate, because that’s the whole reason I want to
> migrate to jack2. PulseAudio needs the DBus interfaces, to
> automatically toggle re-routing through jack when it detects jack
> being started.
>
> > The masked ebuilds will refuse to build if you are on amd with
> > ABI="32" and USE="dbus"
> And thone emul-* libs require the former, while I require the
> latter. :(
>
> > I think this situation is highly suboptimal but the background is
> > that the main tree has a fully migrated
> > media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit ea it not working with modern
> versions of PulseAudio. (Because it requires that old manual method of
> re-routing, which isn’t available in modern PulseAudio anymore, and
> replaced by the automatic detector.)

Did you try to interface jack and alsa with only the snd-aloop module?
That is maybe not modern, but at least it just work, and it will even
provide you with a constant sound latency.

Another advantage of interfacing jack and alsa with the snd-aloop
module is you will never need to stop jack, and even if you stop it,
this will influence what you ear but not the running alsa applications.

And it will work with any jack version, with or without dbus support.