Re: [proaudio] [2668] media-sound/mididings: import

2013/4/17 Gavin Pryke <gavinlee303@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wednesday 17 April 2013 21:27:23 Karl Lindén wrote:
>> This looks good! Although i have not tested it.
>>
>> However, I would suggest changing
>>
>> $(use x && echo "--enable-y" || echo "--disable-y"), where x and y are
>> arbitrary strings,
>>
>> into
>>
>> $(use_enable x y), where x and y corresponds to x and y in the last one.
>>
>> Please note that $(use_enable x x) == $(use_enable x). So if x == y
>> you do not need to specify y.
>>

> You're right. Thanks for checking it.
> This confuses me because I have put use_enable in ebuilds before, I need to
> look where in fact use_enable exists because I couldn't find documentation
> last times I looked.

No problems! Please see this link [1]. use_enable should always be
present as it is defined in ebuild.sh.

> The ebuild needs more checking, I'm now getting conflicts on emerge world
> after having mididings installed. I will have a look when I get home.

It needed. It seems like boost needs to be compiled with extra python
support. This is enabled through the python USE flag. Setting the
python target flags won't add that support (but they should not be
removed).

[1] http://devmanual.gentoo.org/function-reference/query-functions/index.html

Regards,
Karl