Re: [proaudio] Updating ebuilds for qt4 deps moving from x11-libs to dev-qt

Le Thu, 7 Mar 2013 22:11:13 -0600,
Matt Henley <nwmatt@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> SVN is now working for me.  Unfortunately, I made a few dumb mistakes
> when trying to update the files so there are a few extra commits for
> drobilla.
>
> Is there a suggested workflow?  If I try to commit files that were
> checked out with layman, I get errors.. I was successful when i check
> them out in a user account but had errors as a user account checking
> out to a separate tree is hard to test.

I have 3 repos:
- The one for layman and portage in /var/lib/layman/pro-audio,
  Normally, I don't touch it. I manage it with layman as any other
  layman installed overlay. From svn pov, this is a read-only copy. You
  cannot commit to the overlay from here, and if you make changes,
  layman will be confused, which imply you can get errors with portage.
  If you made change here, erase them and make a "svn up". Or layman -d
  and layman -a.

- A test overlay for portage in /var/lib/layman/test. I use it to test
  the ebuilds before to commit them, and for personnal/too experimntal
  ebuilds. The order in /var/lib/layman/make.conf matter: My test
  overlay is the last one, so if portage find 2 different ebuilds with
  the same filename, it will use the one from my test overlay. I like
  that way, it make dealing with ebuilds versions-revisions easier.

- the pro-audio working copy in $HOME/somewhere. I use it to commit new
  stuffs or changes to the overlay. Before changing anything in it, you
  have to make a checkout in order to synchronise it. Mainly, I copy
  stuffs from the test overlay in it. If it break, this is just to
  remove it and do a new checkout.

You can use "svn st" to get a summary of your changes at any
time. "svn diff" will show you a diff of your changes. Don't forget to
digest the changes (ebuild xyz.ebuild digest) before to commit them.

And please, run repoman before to commit.

After the commit, a good practice is to synchronize the overlay with
layman. If it succeed, and normally it will always succeed if the
commit was OK, don't forget to remove the stuffs you committed in your
test overlay. And to re-merge the package is a life insurance, because
it is so easy to make a mistake than it will append soon or later.

Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."