Re: [proaudio] Updating ebuilds for qt4 deps moving from x11-libs to dev-qt

On Friday 08 March 2013 12:11:37 Dominique Michel wrote:

> > Is there a suggested workflow?  If I try to commit files that were
> > checked out with layman, I get errors.. I was successful when i check
> > them out in a user account but had errors as a user account checking
> > out to a separate tree is hard to test.
>
> I have 3 repos:

I've always used git svn for proaudio only because I had a little experience
using git before and none of subversion for committing here.

$ mkcd /mnt/gentoo-overlays
$ git svn clone \
svn+ssh://yourusername@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/svnroot/proaudio/proaudio

Grab a cocoa or something, this will replay the whole commit history.
Then I add /mnt/gentoo-overlays/proaudio/trunk/overlays/proaudio*
to PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/portage/make.conf

$ mkcd proaudio/trunk/overlays/proaudio/media-sound/mypkg
$ gvim mypkg-1.ebuild
$ git add .
$ ebuild mypkg-1.ebuild manifest clean install
$ repoman
$ echangelog
$ ebuild mypkg-1.ebuild manifest
# emerge -va mypkg
$ git commit -a

can repeat steps above with different packages and make commits offline and
when done:

$ git svn dcommit

Updating overlay:

$ git svn rebase

Then I have another box which is my DAW with the overlay added by layman and I
try to test the packages there also.

Kind regards
Gavin