Re: [proaudio] New RT kernel... how to update the ebuild?

Merci Dominique, I will thus hard-code into the ebuild.

Le 14/04/11 19:48, Dominique Michel a écrit :
Le Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:32:15 +0200,
Dominique Michel<dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx>  a écrit :

Le Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:37:44 +0200,
Dominique Michel<dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx>  a écrit :

Le Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:33:35 +0200,
Xavier Miller<xavier.miller@xxxxxxxxx>  a écrit :

Hello,

A new RT kernel is out : 2.6.33.9-rt31

I tried to adapt an existing URL, but the problem is that the
vanilla kernel is a "long term" version. If I set the "long term"
flag in the ebuild, the RT patch has a wrong naming.

The kernel-2 eclass is in the eclass directory of portage. It is
quite complicated and don't have the time to look at it.

An alternative way to get the right files would be to use:

##ATTENTION: hard-coded versions !
RT_PATCH="patch-2.6.33.9-rt31.bz2"
KERNEL_URI="http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/longterm/v2.6.33/linux-2.6.33.9.tar.bz2";

into the ebuild.

In general, any variable defined into an ebuild will take over the
same variable defined somewhere else (into the kernel-2 eclass in
this case)-

Other things are going wrong. portage get the right files but it is
considering the 2.6.33.9 kernel like a 2.6.33, and it want to patch it
in order to get 2.6.33.9.

Here is my solution, but I am sure that it must be another one and
more elegant one:

RT_PATCH="patch-2.6.33.9-rt31.bz2"
KERNEL_URI="http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/longterm/v2.6.33/linux-2.6.33.9.tar.bz2";
OKV="2.6.33.9"
UNIPATCH_LIST_DEFAULT=""

I get something better:

##ATTENTION: hard-coded version !
RT_PATCH="patch-2.6.33.9-rt31.bz2"

RESTRICT="mirror"
DESCRIPTION="Realtime Preemption patched low latency Linux kernel"
SRC_URI="${KERNEL_URI}
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/longterm/v2.6.33/patch-2.6.33.9.bz2
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/${RT_PATCH}
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/older/${RT_PATCH}";

Ciao,
Dominique

Can someone help me to bump that version?

Kind regards,
Xavier Miller.