Re: [proaudio] New RT kernel... how to update the ebuild?

Le Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:33:35 +0200,
Xavier Miller <xavier.miller@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> A new RT kernel is out : 2.6.33.9-rt31
>
> I tried to adapt an existing URL, but the problem is that the
> vanilla kernel is a "long term" version. If I set the "long term"
> flag in the ebuild, the RT patch has a wrong naming.

rt-sources-2.6.33.7-r30.ebuild is the last version into the overlay. I
can see from the Manifest than something seam to be wrong:

# cat Manifest
DIST linux-2.6.33.tar.bz2 ...

when according to http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/,
it should be linux-2.6.33.9.tar.bz2

The kernel-2 eclass is in the eclass directory of portage. It is quite
complicated and don't have the time to look at it.

An alternative way to get the right files would be to use:

##ATTENTION: hard-coded versions !
RT_PATCH="patch-2.6.33.9-rt31.bz2"
KERNEL_URI="http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/longterm/v2.6.33/linux-2.6.33.9.tar.bz2";

into the ebuild.

In general, any variable defined into an ebuild will take over the same
variable defined somewhere else (into the kernel-2 eclass in this case)-

Ciao,
Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."