Re: [proaudio] New RT kernel... how to update the ebuild?

Le Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:37:44 +0200,
Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Le Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:33:35 +0200,
> Xavier Miller <xavier.miller@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > A new RT kernel is out : 2.6.33.9-rt31
> >
> > I tried to adapt an existing URL, but the problem is that the
> > vanilla kernel is a "long term" version. If I set the "long term"
> > flag in the ebuild, the RT patch has a wrong naming.
>
> rt-sources-2.6.33.7-r30.ebuild is the last version into the overlay. I
> can see from the Manifest than something seam to be wrong:
>
> # cat Manifest
> DIST linux-2.6.33.tar.bz2 ...
>
> when according to http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/,
> it should be linux-2.6.33.9.tar.bz2
oops linux-2.6.33.7.tar.bz2

I am wrong on this. It look like the kernel-2 eclass patch the
2.6.33 kernel in order to get the 2.6.33.7.

> The kernel-2 eclass is in the eclass directory of portage. It is quite
> complicated and don't have the time to look at it.
>
> An alternative way to get the right files would be to use:
>
> ##ATTENTION: hard-coded versions !
> RT_PATCH="patch-2.6.33.9-rt31.bz2"
> KERNEL_URI="http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/longterm/v2.6.33/linux-2.6.33.9.tar.bz2";
>
> into the ebuild.
>
> In general, any variable defined into an ebuild will take over the
> same variable defined somewhere else (into the kernel-2 eclass in
> this case)-

Other things are going wrong. portage get the right files but it is
considering the 2.6.33.9 kernel like a 2.6.33, and it want to patch it
in order to get 2.6.33.9.

Here is my solution, but I am sure that it must be another one and more
elegant one:

RT_PATCH="patch-2.6.33.9-rt31.bz2"
KERNEL_URI="http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/longterm/v2.6.33/linux-2.6.33.9.tar.bz2";
OKV="2.6.33.9"