Re: [proaudio] What happed to media-sound/fmit ?

Le Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:19:16 +0200,
Alexandros Diamantidis <adia@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> * Gavin Pryke [2010-11-22 07:10]:
> > As far as I know the latest version from the fmit homepage is still
> > a Qt3 app. Please post back your findings whether you get it to
> > work or not. If it doesn't work maybe it should be masked.
>
> A few weeks ago, I tried installing Qt3 from the kde-sunset overlay
> and building fmit using both the ebuild and by hand, but got
> compilation errors in both cases. I wanted to look into the errors a
> bit more closely before asking about it, but never did, so if anyone
> can make it work, please tell us about it.
>
> Maybe someone could ask the fmit developer whether there are any plans
> to port it? The TODO file doesn't mention anything in that direction,
> but if there was demand, he'd probably consider it, since apart from
> Gentoo, other distros have removed Qt3 as well...
>
> Alexandros

The new kaffeine is a calamity for me (I cannot get phonon to work with
jackd from inside fvwm, and the new interface doesn't have the half of
the functions from the old one), so I still have qt3 inside my system.

I get a lot of errors wehn trying to merge fmit :

 * USE:  alsa amd64 elibc_glibc jack kernel_linux multilib userland_GNU
 * Please fix your package (media-sound/fmit-0.97.6) to not use
   kde-functions.eclass /usr/portage/local/layman/pro-audio/media-sound/fmit/fmit-0.97.6.ebuild:
   line 6: need-qt: command not found
>>> Unpacking source...
/usr/qt/3/bin/moc ConfigForm.h > ConfigForm_moc.cpp
ACCESS DENIED
open_wr:      /usr/qt/3/etc/settings/.qt_plugins_3.3rc.lock ACCESS
DENIED  open_wr:      /usr/qt/3/etc/settings/.qt_plugins_3.3rc.lock
make  all-am
CaptureThread.o: In function `CaptureThreadImplJACK::capture_init()':
CaptureThread.cpp:(.text+0x6eb6): undefined reference to
`jack_error_callback' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [fmit] Error 1

So, fmit is not compatible with recent versions of jack2, it is into
the TODO list of the last fmit version, but nothing about QT4.
I try to compile the last version by hand and get other error as well.
It look like it is also not compatible with recent gcc versions.

I think it must be masked, if not removed.

Ciao,

"We have the heroes we deserve."