Re: [proaudio] What happed to media-sound/fmit ?

On Monday 22 November 2010 01:10:52 undersys wrote:
> Sorry all this is a bad case of the stupids!
> I had a mistake in make.con
>
> All though I am still wondering  why the new version of fmit won't compile.
> I'll look into this later on the version in overlay could do with a version
> bump
>
> thanks

I looked at fmit in the overlay a little while ago, if I remember correctly
the ebuild depends on Qt3 which is not in portage any more. I got a bit
distracted and forgot about it to be honest.

You might have some luck by adding the kde-sunset overlay with layman to get
the Qt3 dependencies and then trying to emerge it. I purged Qt3 from my system
months ago so it would be a bit of a chore to compile it just for testing
fmit.

As far as I know the latest version from the fmit homepage is still a Qt3 app.
Please post back your findings whether you get it to work or not. If it
doesn't work maybe it should be masked.

Cheers
Gav