Re: [proaudio] Ecasound

On Tuesday 26 Oct 2010 12:54:30 alex stone wrote:
> Can i respectfully request an updated ebuild for Ecasound, from 2.6.0,
> to the current 2.7.2?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alex.

Hi Alex

I'm not familiar with ecasound but looking at the output of eix I don't see it
in the pro-audio tree, it seems to be in portage proper, maybe you could file
a bug on bugs.gentoo.org and ask for it to be bumped there? I don't mean to
sound funny or anything about this but if a package is in the portage tree
already then in my humble opinion it makes sense for Gentoo developers to
maintain it rather than duplicate the effort in the pro-audio overlay.

Please see this list for all ecasound bugs, I notice a bump request for 2.7.1:
http://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=ALL+ecasound

I looked briefly at the homepage of Nama but I have little experience
packaging perl applications on Gentoo and the dependencies look tricky to get
right.
It looks as though Nama could be installed by g-cpan somehow or maybe a
nama-9999 ebuild could possibly be made.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help and thanks for your emails.

Best regards
Gavin