[proaudio] Re: [FFADO-user] no mixer on SVN version

> From what I know about the code, there should _not_ be any effect. If I got the
> build-system right, the decision whether dbus support is built or not does not
> influence anything in libffado (which is used by jackd), only the decision
> whether ffado-dbus-server is built (which jackd doesn't use or start).
> So if you get numbers (not feelings) to show that system load is lower when
> dbus-support is not built into libffado, I will try to reproduce these numbers.
> And then I will take a very close look at the build-stuff again. It could be
> that something in the internal->external switch of libdbus-c++ slipped my
> attention.
>
> Have fun,
>
> Arnold

I'm actually quite confused.

Firstly I can't see how I turn the dbus support on or off in libffado.
There doesn't seem to be an scons option to determine this. So I'm not
sure how to do the test that you are suggesting..

I have checked the ebuilds from the gentoo pro-audio overlay.. and I
also can't see in there why the 2.0.1 version would compile with dbus
support built in and the SVN version would compile without it.

both ebuild have the same options and scons line.

(this is on the same system gentoo i686-pc-linux-gnu compiled with
optimisations for amdfam10 .. dbus version 1.2.24 qt-dbus 4.6.3)..

so this means I'm really not sure why I don't have the ffado-dbus-server
working on the svn  compile and also don't know how to complete the
testing here....