Re: [proaudio] RT-sources availability

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 1:44 PM, wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Arve Barsnes wrote:
>
>  exactly, no RT sources in the main portage tree, just the pro-audio
> overlay.  i believe there is a more recent rt-sources ebuild available, you
> just have to unmask it.  the latest unstable version is 2.6.29.6-rt23, which
> works fine, unless you are using the new xorg-server-1.6 and the new video
> drivers.  hoping to find/make/etc. a new rt-sources soon based on the new
> 2.6.31.4-rt.
>

> Running 2.6.31.2-rt13 here now, with a patched version of
>

>     great.  where did you find the 2.6.31.2-rt13 from?  did you build it
> yourself?  thanks.
>
> nvidia-drivers, seems to work ok, although I haven't used it for much
> serious yet, what particular problems are you refering to here?
>

>     with 2.6.29.6-rt23 and xorg-1.6, X would freeze after a few seconds.
> upgrading the kernel to a post 2.6.29 (non-rt) fixed it.

I've been running a .6-rt kernel with 1.6 for quite a while without
experiencing any such freezes, but as stated I am using the
nvidia-drivers. Maybe there is something with the intel drivers?

As for where I found the kernel, I don't use portage to fetch my
kernels, but ketchup, since I'm then guaranteed to find the latest
version whenever I decide to upgrade, and don't get any upgrades
during the periods when I have no time or interest in upgrading my
kernel. Find links to it on the kernel.org RT pages.