Re: [proaudio] RT-sources availability

Cinder wrote:
--- arve.barsnes@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@xxxxxxxxx>
To: proaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [proaudio] RT-sources availability
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:13:46 +0200

 exactly, no RT sources in the main portage tree, just the pro-audio
overlay.  i believe there is a more recent rt-sources ebuild available, you
just have to unmask it.  the latest unstable version is 2.6.29.6-rt23, which
works fine, unless you are using the new xorg-server-1.6 and the new video
drivers.  hoping to find/make/etc. a new rt-sources soon based on the new
2.6.31.4-rt.

Running 2.6.31.2-rt13 here now, with a patched version of
nvidia-drivers, seems to work ok, although I haven't used it for much
serious yet, what particular problems are you refering to here?

Re. "the latest unstable version is 2.6.29.6-rt23, which
works fine, unless you are using the new xorg-server-1.6 and the new video
drivers."

 ... I'm using xorg-server-1.6.3.901-r2 and radeon xorg-drivers-1.6 with
Gentoo-2.6.30-r6 wich is working well. Are thier forseeable  problems with
RT-2.6.29.6-rt23 and X 1.6?

    as i had mentioned, i had X freeze with that combo on a first generation MacBook using open source intel drivers (xf86-video-intel).  the 2.6.29 kernels seem not to work with xorg 1.6.  there is some more info here:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=6020480#6020480

hope that helps.  looks like we may need a more recent rt-sources in pro audio overlay.  i started playing around with it, but HD died.

peace, w

Thank you.