Re: [proaudio] fst fail to build on amd64

On Di, 27.01.09 21:00 Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Le Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:46:32 +0100,
> Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> > On Di, 27.01.09 20:32 Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, I get the following error:
> > >
> > > [snip]
> >
> > FST is soo deprecated. It hasn't been updated it in ages.
> > Check out dssi-vst, it works perfectly fine here.
> >

> Thank you, it was museseq that wanted to emerge fst. I removed
> USE=fst and it is compiling now.
>
> Dominique

Woot. Which version?
Last time I checked, MusE 0.9 was so outdated it failed to compile, and
MusE 2 SVN still was lacking appropriate MIDI support.

I miss it!

As for VST stuff, it's really easy to route dssi-vst through jack, so
built-in VST support like MusE and Ardour used it with FST is unneeded
imho.