Re: [proaudio] jack audio 0.116.1 out

Am Tuesday 09 December 2008 19:29:23 schrieb Arve Barsnes:
> I have a similar problem with this that I had with the -9999 ebuild a
> while back. I hope we can take another look and try to find out what's
> wrong with my system. What I get now is:
>
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `capsetp'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `cap_get_flag'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `cap_clear'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `cap_free'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `capgetp'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `cap_init'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `cap_set_flag'
> ./.libs/libjackserver.so: undefined reference to `cap_to_text'
>
> Exactly the same TYPE of error that I get with the dbus stuff on the
> -9999 ebuild. I have no idea what to do with it?

according to google, and packages.debian.org it seems that you've a problem
with libcap.
maybe not installed, to old/new version, whatever.
all those listed "undefined references" are functions in capability.h from
libcap.
try to find out what is wrong with your libcap, and maybe tell us, when this
error occures.
is it a runtime error, or a compillation error?

kind regards, Harald Gutmann