Re: [proaudio] ebuilds for new versions of ardour 2.7

On Di, 25.11.08 10:08 "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > If I got that correctly, portage-2.1.6_rc1 supports EAPI=2, so
> > that's the minimum version you'll need.
>
> Understood.
>

> > As for the "gnome" dependencies, well, ardour is a Gtk app, and
> > therefore needs all those gtk libs.
>
> But does it need so many that are not marked stable by Gentoo?

Actually it doesn't. Looking at the dependencies, it should be fine
with glib/gtk stuff older than gtk+-2.13

Maybe check emerge -ptv ardour and see what pulls
in the newer version, or post the output here.

> > For the gail error, just unmask gail-1000 and emerge it directly
> > (emerge -av =gail-1000). It should pull in a newer version of gtk+
> > then (which includes gail, so gail-1000 is just a pseudo-ebuild)
> > Afterwards the rest should look like usual updates.
>
> My system didn't show gail-1000 as a package as of last evening. There
> didn't seem to be anything to unmask. If I ran eix gail it didn't show
> gail-1000 as emerge-able.

That's weird. Take a look in /usr/portage/gnome-base/gail/
It's there.