Re: [proaudio] arch in make.conf

   Personally I had bad luck with ~x86 when I tried it but that was a
long time ago. Seems like there is good reason in most case why a
package is marked ~x86. Bugs, problems with ebuilds, pointers to new
libraries, etc. I decided that stable was good for me.

   However, that was then and this is now. 3-4 years ago stuff didn't
stay in ~x86 very long. Package managers were far more active and even
proactive in some cases. Today it's far less true. Gentoo is in a
comparatively slow mode now. Package managers are not releasing new
ebuilds as fast. The online package database has been offline for
months. Even our pro-audio overlay isn't releasing new kernel ebuilds
so we have to build more by hand now. I think Gentoo is struggling a
bit under the surface.

   With that in mind I can see the advantage to using ~x86 in
make.conf and then masking some packages that you have trouble with.
Either way you will be doing work but I doubt you'll have to mask 436
higher revisions.

Good luck!

- Mark