[proaudio] arch in make.conf

Hi guys!

I currently use x86 in make.conf but /etc/portage/package.keywords is growing
with each upgrade. It have currently 436 entries, most of them ~x86.

Today, portage tell me that it want to have ~x86 versions of glib and gtk+.

The questions: Will it not be simpler for me to put ~x86 in make.conf and keep
package.keywords only for the live ebuilds?

Is it something special to pay attention for with ~x86 in make.conf?

D you have you good or bad experiences with ~x86 in make.conf?

Ciao,