Re: [proaudio] arch in make.conf

Mark Knecht wrote:
   Personally I had bad luck with ~x86 when I tried it but that was a
long time ago. Seems like there is good reason in most case why a
package is marked ~x86. Bugs, problems with ebuilds, pointers to new
libraries, etc. I decided that stable was good for me.
That was my experience too.

One night (whilst rather tired) I accepted an emerge world which wrecked the system. Several critical system binaries were 'upgraded' making it impossible to go back or forward.

Luckily I had backups - I suggest you do too...

cheers