[proaudio] Portable Audio-Interface

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a portable audio interface like Digidesign's mbox
(which does not work on Linux AFAIK).

RME seems to be among the best supported ones, but they are above my
financial scope. (I'm a studentent..and, well...I think you know what
that means ;)

It should have a PCMCIA (or Firewire if that's the only option)
interface and a few inputs (preferably 2+xMic, 2+xLine). I need at least
three independent analog inputs. Digital In, SPDIF or anything like that
is not required.

Does anyone of you have experience with these devices?

Thanks in advance,
Philipp