Re: [proaudio] Bumping guile requirements for snd and snd-ls

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> If snd or snd-ls was installed before guile was updated to 1.8.1,
> we get the error that libguile.so.12 is missing. However, both snd and
> snd-ls works with guile 1.8.1 (infact, they both work much better
> with guile >1.7.0).
>
> Is it possible to force a rebuild of snd and snd-ls?

You mean automatically, after an update? I'm afraid no. But it helps to run
revdep-rebuild once in a while, to detect and rebuild breakages. Personally I
run it after every sync/update session.

> If not, the following modifications works just fine:
>

> -guile? ( >=dev-util/guile-1.3.4 )
> +guile? ( >=dev-util/guile-1.8.1 )
>
> in snd, and:
>

> -DEPEND=">=dev-scheme/guile-1.6.7
> +DEPEND=">=dev-scheme/guile-1.8.1
>
> in snd-ls.

But it still works with guile-1.6.7? IMHO, then there's no reason to change
dependencies. It would force all users to update guile, whether they like or not.

JR

--
| me@home ~$whoami            ^ ^  | "Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" |
| Jouni 'Mad Max' Rinne      ('x') | - Sledge Hammer                    |