Re: [proaudio] latest juce-1.40.ebuild

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, kRAkEn/gORe wrote:

On 12/16/06, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, kRAkEn/gORe wrote:

>  hi i'm new to the list, and would like to cooperate a bit with some
>  ebuilds...
>  i've created the ebuild for the latest JUCE library available, i still
 need
>  to add the xshm use flag
>  and the doc flag which download and install
>  http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/api/all_docs.tar.gz
>  with the full documentation... i use JUCE every day, and find it the
 best
>  c++ library out there !

 Wow great. I'm pretty sure xshm is enabled by default, any reason to
 remove it? (BTW. I was the writing the xshm code in juce, and I don't
 think anyone should remove it. :-) )

ok good. on older machine without a newer xorg xshm wouldn't be
present i think. but isn't a real problem ! anyway you working on this list
?

xshm has existed since 1991, so I would be surprised if it isn't
present in all gentoo installations troughout all time...

But I guess giving the choise of not enabling it doesn't hurt. It does use
a large amount of shared memory, which is not an unlimited resource.
And there could also be bugs, of course.

i've seen some of your posts in the juceforum, but didn't managed you are
on the gentoo way !

Yeah, I've seen your posts too. Small world. :-)