Re: [proaudio] latest juce-1.40.ebuild

On 12/17/06, Kjetil S. Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, kRAkEn/gORe wrote:

> On 12/16/06, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>  On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, kRAkEn/gORe wrote:
>>
>> >  hi i'm new to the list, and would like to cooperate a bit with some
>> >  ebuilds...
>> >  i've created the ebuild for the latest JUCE library available, i still
>>  need
>> >  to add the xshm use flag
>> >  and the doc flag which download and install
>> >  http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/api/all_docs.tar.gz
>> >  with the full documentation... i use JUCE every day, and find it the
>>  best
>> >  c++ library out there !
>> >

>>  Wow great. I'm pretty sure xshm is enabled by default, any reason to
>>  remove it? (BTW. I was the writing the xshm code in juce, and I don't
>>  think anyone should remove it. :-) )
>

> ok good. on older machine without a newer xorg xshm wouldn't be
> present i think. but isn't a real problem ! anyway you working on this list
> ?

xshm has existed since 1991, so I would be surprised if it isn't
present in all gentoo installations troughout all time...

But I guess giving the choise of not enabling it doesn't hurt. It does use
a large amount of shared memory, which is not an unlimited resource.
And there could also be bugs, of course.

> i've seen some of your posts in the juceforum, but didn't managed you are
> on the gentoo way !

Yeah, I've seen your posts too. Small world. :-)

yeah, really small... anyway since when you are on gentoo system ? i really like this distro,
and all of its overlays. i say, this proaudio one has saved me from the M$ owns... and i'm
feeling the power of sources !!!