[proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Muse and Zynaddsubfx takes a long time to show the gui .

Mark Knecht wrote:
On 10/1/06, Carlos Pino <pinojazz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>

> which: no konqueror in
> which: no opera in
> which: no mozilla-firefox in
>
> Or going a bit further, it's really looking for a browser from a short
> list. Do you happen to only have firefox-bin or somethign not on the
> list above?

 Yes I had, now I did emerge firefox ,the problem continues ; did ln -s
/usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox and the "which" message
disapear but still got the problem .

Humm....one step at a time, I guess. At least we're making things work
better I suppose.

As for the qt stuff, I see we both have qt3 & qt4 flags in our
make.conf file. One my system only qt3 is actually installed:

lightning ~ # eix -I x11-libs/qt
* x11-libs/qt
    Available versions:  3.3.4-r8:3 3.3.6-r1:3 ~3.3.6-r2:3 !4.0.1:4
4.1.4:4 [M]4.2.0_rc1:4
    Installed:           3.3.6-r1
    Homepage:            http://www.trolltech.com/
application development framework.

lightning ~ #

HEre is how it was emerged, or would be emerged today:

lightning ~ # emerge -pv =x11-libs/qt-3.3.6-r1

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/qt-3.3.6-r1  USE="cups gif ipv6 mysql opengl
-debug -doc -examples (-firebird) -immqt -immqt-bc -nas -nis -odbc
-postgres -sqlite -xinerama" 0 kB
I did it also .I added USE="xinerama" , in Debian dev packages of xinerama is a dependency for muse.

 Nothing changes , the problem persist .

Here is what my system would do if I installed qt4 into a new slot:

lightning ~ # emerge -pv qt

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  NS   ] x11-libs/qt-4.1.4  USE="cups gif jpeg mysql opengl png
zlib -accessibility -debug -doc -examples (-firebird) -mng -nas -nis
-odbc -postgres -sqlite -xinerama" 31,420 kB

Total size of downloads: 31,420 kB
lightning ~ #

If you have qt4 installed then is this a qt4 problem?
I hanven't :-( It begin to be boring ,also my english start to be limited for search in google :-(

 Thanks a lot ,Mark .

Saludos
-- Carlos.