[proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Muse and Zynaddsubfx takes a long time to show the gui .

Mark Knecht wrote:
Humm...konqueror is part of KDE. I guess Muse is somehow depending on
KDE being on the system.
I can see this on the ebuild file ( I still haven't found the command to find the dependecies of any pakage in Gentoo as I do in Debian with apt-cache showpkg) .

audio carlos # less /usr/portage/local/layman/pro-audio/media-sound/museseq/museseq-0.8.1-r2.ebuild

DEPEND=">=x11-libs/qt-3.2.0
       alsa? ( media-libs/alsa-lib )
       >=media-sound/fluidsynth-1.0.3
       doc? ( app-text/openjade
                  app-doc/doxygen
                  media-gfx/graphviz )
       dev-lang/perl
       >=media-libs/libsndfile-1.0.4
       >=media-libs/libsamplerate-0.1.0
       >=media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.98.0
       lash? ( >=media-sound/lash-0.5.0 )
       vst? (>=media-libs/fst-1.7-r

I never seen that muse depends on kde but on qt3 .I like to use openbox ,the lightweight wm ,with fbpanel and rox-filer to avoid big desktop resources consumption,it give me everything I need ,so I put -kde at my make.conf . I don't know if this can be a handicap .