Re: [proaudio] rtirq borked

Mark Knecht wrote:
On 9/14/06, karlos <k.gebbert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is this a laptop? You may have no control over it then since
> everything is hardwired inside the laptop. Possibly try make sure you
> are using no other USB devices when using the HDSP for best
> performance.

ok. not even mouse/usb-midi interface? would not be tragic, but could be
slightly annoying. its a laptop, yes, so probably no real chance of changing
a great deal there.

OK, now that I have an understanding of the platform I think there
isn't any real hardware change we can make. I would go ahead and run
your USB devices as you need to. Just keep an eye on things like USB
mouse movements, or other USB events, causing Xruns. If that happens
then you need to make a change to some other mouse. It probably won't
any you'll be fine.

I'm sure you can use a USB Midi interface, but doesn't the Multiface
have Midi? Or do you need more ports?

Anyway, I think the issue here, as Frieder pointed out, is that the
rtirq script didn't like receiving multiple process IDs. If that's the
root cause then maybe you'll need to write Rui as I believe he wrote
the software or dig into how that stuff works. I'm not a programmer so
I'm useless as soon as we open an editor. (Sorry!)

- Mark

I've done a quick fix please test:
it's masked so do first:
echo "sys-process/rtirq -*" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
emerge =rtirq-20060819-r1

and report if it's working

Greetz
Frieder