Re: [proaudio] rtirq borked

On 9/14/06, karsten <k.gebbert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > rambazamba ~ # cat /proc/interrupts
> >            CPU0       CPU1
>
> Dual CPU system?????

hm, I thought that smp would be the cause for this. I should change
something in the kernel config? Its a pentium4 smp 2.8GHz

Yes. SMP is the cause. That's fine.

> >  16:         42          0  IO-APIC        [........./  0]-level
> > yenta, uhci_hcd:usb2, uhci_hcd:usb5, hdsp
>
> With MANY things shared on IRQ16!

how would it be possible to make them have different IRQs, I have
literllay no experience in this sort of thing at all?

Is this a laptop? You may have no control over it then since
everything is hardwired inside the laptop. Possibly try make sure you
are using no other USB devices when using the HDSP for best
performance.

> Yenta is a cardbus bridge?

yes thats right. thats the hdsp multiface socket.

So does this Multiface run on a RME 1394 interface or something else?
I'm familiar with how they work off of a PCI card in a desktop. In a
laptop I'm not so sure. Is it using a card plugged iinto the cardbus
slot and hence behind the yenta bridge?

lspci -b
lspci -t

and we can look at the way the devices are positioned in the PCI hierarchy.

That's getting a bit involved though.

Good luck!

- Mark