Re: [proaudio] Sonic visualiser

Dominique Michel wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:02:12 +0200
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dominique Michel wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 02:37:15 +0200
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dominique Michel wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:37:17 +0200
Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am just done with libfishsound, a dependency that do at sonic
visualiser can take an ogg file as input.

I hope to have enough time later today to finish the ebuild for
sonic
v., but it is not so simple, so maybe at it will be for tomorrow.

Cheers,
Dominique

Well, I have done 2 more ebuilds and the only one left is sonic v.
itself.

Do you know if it is possible to test the -march of the user and
use
it
in a if...then...else structure in a ebuild? It is no configure in
the
tarball and I need to sed a sonic-visualiser.pro file to change
the
configuration.

It is 3 lines with different QMAKE_CXXXFLAFS, each one for a
different
arch, and the ebuild must choose the right one.

Hi,
I've fetched the source and take a quick look

# Whizzy optimization flags here
#
linux-g++:QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE += -DNDEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -mfpmath=sse -ffast-math # QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE += -O3 -march=pentium4 -mfpmath=sse -fomit-frame-pointer # QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE += -O3 -march=athlon-mp -mfpmath=sse -fomit-frame-pointer

so in my opinion just the line which is beginning with linux-g++ is

relevant and is in need to be
modified with sed.
just replace -DNDEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 with  $(CXXFLAGS)

hth

Greetz Frieder

Here are the ebuilds.
libfishsound is for the ogg format in input, not mandatory.
sonic-visualiser will install it and the dependencies. It is a few
use
flags with it: O3 modify the configuration if you are using or want
use the -O3 flag. portaudio will not work because it nedd
portaudio-18
and I think at it is hardmasqued. the other use flags just check for
the
dependencies. If they are already installed, they do nothing because
pkg-config will take care of it.
thx added, but I've no time to test them
Greetz
    Frieder
Cheers,
Dominique
Here is an updated ebuild. I did some minor fix with the dependencies
check. Now, portaudio-19 if installed will just block the ebuild, as it
doesn't work with it.
I think there is no need to block cause portaudio-18 could also be installed sloted
I'll check your ebuild and adjust it

Thx
   Frieder

And fishsound will ask for oggz if needed. This
last one is not so important, because libfishsound will install liboggz
if needed, but it is cleaner to do so.

Ciao,