Re: [proaudio] Sonic visualiser

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 02:37:15 +0200
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dominique Michel wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:37:17 +0200
> > Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >> I am just done with libfishsound, a dependency that do at sonic
> >> visualiser can take an ogg file as input.
> >>
> >> I hope to have enough time later today to finish the ebuild for
sonic
> >> v., but it is not so simple, so maybe at it will be for tomorrow.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Dominique
> >>

> > Well, I have done 2 more ebuilds and the only one left is sonic v.
> > itself.
> >
> > Do you know if it is possible to test the -march of the user and use
it
> > in a if...then...else structure in a ebuild? It is no configure in
the
> > tarball and I need to sed a sonic-visualiser.pro file to change the
> > configuration.
> >
> > It is 3 lines with different QMAKE_CXXXFLAFS, each one for a
different
> > arch, and the ebuild must choose the right one.
> >

> Hi,
> I've fetched the source and take a quick look
>
> # Whizzy optimization flags here
> #
> linux-g++:QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE += -DNDEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3
> -mfpmath=sse -ffast-math
> # QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE += -O3 -march=pentium4 -mfpmath=sse
> -fomit-frame-pointer
> # QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE += -O3 -march=athlon-mp -mfpmath=sse
> -fomit-frame-pointer
>
> so in my opinion just the line which is beginning with linux-g++ is
> relevant and is in need to be
> modified with sed.
> just replace -DNDEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 with  $(CXXFLAGS)
>
> hth
>
> Greetz Frieder

Here are the ebuilds.
libfishsound is for the ogg format in input, not mandatory.
sonic-visualiser will install it and the dependencies. It is a few use
flags with it: O3 modify the configuration if you are using or want to
use the -O3 flag. portaudio will not work because it nedd portaudio-18
and I think at it is hardmasqued. the other use flags just check for the
dependencies. If they are already installed, they do nothing because
pkg-config will take care of it.

Cheers,