Re: [proaudio] wired-svn masked on AMD64

On 5/30/06, Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

First, sorry for the delay.

No problem at all. Thanks for responding.

One of the wired devs noted to use wxGTK unicode (you're using
ansi-release)
Portage by default installs both, and /usr/bin/wx-config is just a
link to the actually used version.

on my box it looks like this:

# ls -l /usr/bin/wx-config
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 43 22. Mai 17:20 /usr/bin/wx-config
-> /usr/lib/wx/config/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6

maybe try changing the link to the unicode release for compiling wired.

This is pretty much the last idea i have about that issue :/

hope it helps.
Regards,
Tom

I notice that I build wxGTK without unicode support:

lightning ~ # emerge -pv wxGTK

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/wxGTK-2.6.2-r1  +X -debug -doc +gnome
-joystick -odbc +opengl +sdl -unicode 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
lightning ~ #

I think I'll investigate making the installation completely support
unicode before just changing single links and getting into trouble I
don't understand.

Thanks for your help. It's likely to be a while before I I get this
converted over, if at all.

Cheers,
Mark