Re: [proaudio] Gentoo DAW HOWTO translation - 0.1

On Mon, 15 May 2006 13:10:29 +0200
SteelRage <keywiz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thomas Kuther wrote:
> > quick answer at that point. add a clear statement that you have the
> > copyright and redistribution is forbidden w/o your agreement. sounds
> > harsh, but is the only way to effectively "protect" it. maybe think
> > of a license like creative commons.
> >

> Uhm... Yes, maybe I better relase it under creative commens. Is it
> just necessary to say, in the beginning of the article, that I use
> that licens and to put a link to it?
> In that way will it be possible for you to modify/mantain it in your
> wiki without problems? Or you'll be forced to use creative commons for
> all the wiki?
> What do you think about?
>
> Paolo

uhm well, this licensing stuff is quite weird. The wiki is currently
under GNU FDL, but only because it was selectable at installation
time, not because i think it's the best :P
I guess it would be even better to use creative commons attribution
sharealike 2.5

which in short says: anyone can do what he/she wants with it, BUT only
with attribution, means a note about who the original author is and
what you as author expect (in your Howto you expect
* a link to the original post
* a credit for you
* and credits to those you gave credits).

That one sounds pretty fair and straight forward i think.

Tom