Re: [proaudio] Gentoo DAW HOWTO - 0.2

Thomas Kuther wrote:
> OK, very cool!
> Started some actualy reading through it and started porting it to the
> wiki. I have to admit that i'll have to change a lot of things, also
> regarding kernel configuration.. for a _real_ DAW a rt-kernel is a
> MUST HAVE! hehe :P

Allright :)
Will RT-sources give all that impressive benefits I read about? If so,
it seems I MUST test them too! If you want, I can try to write about
that after testing them, following the documentation you gave me links
about.
BTW, what is the difference between realtime-lsm and Ingo Molnar's
patch? Are these the only 2 relevant things in RT-sources?

Do you also have any documentation about the patched version of PAM to
substitute realtime-lsm?

Feel free to modify everthing I wrote whenever you want/need (and, if
you can, leave me a note about what did you modify, so I can edit the
forum post too).
> See the work in progress here:
> http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=Howto_DAW_Digital_Audio_Workstation
>
> Still i'm not really sure if it wouldn't be nicer to post that to the
> common place for Gentoo related Howtos: the gentoo wiki. :)
> what do you think?

Uhm....
Gentoo wiki... That could be nice, but wouldn't it be better to post it
there when there'll be more contents? So now we can receive eventual
feedback from the users from the forum to improve it?
If you think it's better to post it there, it'll be OK for me too, anyway.
Just remember that the more places we put the documentation into, the
more palces we'll have to update when needed. That's why I suggested to
wait a bit before putting it on Gentoo Wiki.

> Regards,
> Tom

Ciao,
Paolo