Re: [proaudio] Gentoo DAW HOWTO - 0.2

On Mon, 15 May 2006 22:14:49 +0200
SteelRage <keywiz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, I had been able to finish it :)
> I decided to relase it under Creative Commons Attribution Sharealike
> 2.5. This should be ready to be put in the wiki as a starting point.
> Feel free to use and modify it.
>
> I'll port it to Gentoo forums too, to see if anybody else will give
> contributions/suggestions/corrections, OK?
> Any feedback is welcome (specially for the parts I wasn't able to
> complete)
>

> Paolo

OK, very cool!
Started some actualy reading through it and started porting it to the
wiki. I have to admit that i'll have to change a lot of things, also
regarding kernel configuration.. for a _real_ DAW a rt-kernel is a
MUST HAVE! hehe :P

bit OT:
see for example some images from micha, and olli (jacklab) on
the LAC: http://jacklab.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=434#434
9 xruns the whole evening with 7 mixed VST/native synths,
guitarsimulator and 2 sooperloopers.. holy mama. Amazing setup.

See the work in progress here:
http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=Howto_DAW_Digital_Audio_Workstation

Still i'm not really sure if it wouldn't be nicer to post that to the
common place for Gentoo related Howtos: the gentoo wiki. :)
what do you think?

Regards,
Tom