Re: [proaudio] trouble emerging museseq

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 05:12 Thomas Kuther was like:
> hmmm, which just seconds the comment by some (former) LADs on a
> webblog somewhere that blamed rosegarden devs for including new features
> instead of concentrating on the core functionality first. Here it even
> freezes X when i try to start it.

Working with rosegarden is not nice at the moment. It's certainly not nice
worrying whether the plugin you are loading is going to bring your session
down, for instance.

Then again, the fact that alsa sequencer cannot recover when rosegarden is
dead and gone is, to be fair, an alsa problem too.

The most frustrating linux audio problem I have is actually with jack,
although rosegarden is very likely to trigger it, of course. If the load on
the system gets very heavy strange distortions and other artifacts sometimes
creep into the sound, and they don't go away even when things have settled
down a bit (at least I think that's what's happening). Whatever it is, it
doesn't correct itself until I restart jack.

We've got the same rosegarden kind of problem on the video editing side of
things too. Cinelerra is all-singing, all-dancing and pretty well unusable.
I'm hoping that I will be able to get jahshaka working soon, and that it will
be up to the job. If not, it'll be back to windows, unfortunately. Things
don't look a good deal better on the audio side, but there is still no
escaping from the fact that creative people lead ridiculously chaotic lives
and therefore that they have an extra special need for stable software.

Robert
--
Robert Persson

Conspiracy Bears:
Once upon a time there were lots of conspiracy bears...