Re: [proaudio] trouble emerging museseq

On Wed, 17 May 2006 04:45:41 -0700
Robert Persson <ireneshusband@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 May 2006 02:01 Thomas Kuther was like:
> > > Secondly, the compile failed because /usr/lib/libladcca was
> > > missing. This was easily worked around by temporarily emerging
> > > ladcca. The problem is that ladcca blocks lash in portage, and it
> > > wants to use the same ip port as lash. Therefore when museseq is
> > > emerge USE=lash, it should definitely not depend on ladcca.
> >
> > It doesn't, i know this bug form the main portage version, please
> > use museseq-0.8.1a from the overlay, or museseq-0.8.1-r1 from main
> > portage (which is also 0.8.1a).
>
> The versions of muse I have tried to install are 0.8.1a and 0.8.1-r1.
> I got this ladcca problem in both cases. I'm not sure which 0.8.1-r1
> that would have been. I don't know which one portage would choose
> first if there were two with the same version number.

Hmmm, that's weird then. no problem here, and lash works.. i use it.
very cool stuff.
Anyone else having this?

> > When I chose any existing port on the qjackctl midi connection map
> > as the destination no midi data would be passed on, but the
> > qjackctl "connect", "disconnect" and/or "disconnect all" buttons
> > would start flashing on and off very rapidly.
>
> please try to make the midi connections inside MusE
> Settings --> Midi Ports/Soft Synths
>
> The problem here appears to have been due to midi being messed up by
> a rosegarden session which was severely and thoroughly killed but
> would not go away. In the end I had to reboot to get rid of it. Muse
> is now finding the other soft devices as it should.

hmmm, which just seconds the comment by some (former) LADs on a
webblog somewhere that blamed rosegarden devs for including new features
instead of concentrating on the core functionality first. Here it even
freezes X when i try to start it.