[pok-devel] POK now executing at JP

Hello Julien, and list:

I was able to finally get POK configured and up and running (thanks for the help).    I am sending this since you may wish to augment your conf-env.pl script with my change.  My problem was that on my linux system your script was not finding my qemu x86 emulation application.    So I changed line 82 from:

"QEMU"        =>  ["qemu", "i386-softmmu"],

to this

"QEMU"        =>  ["qemu", "qemu-system-x86_64", "i386-softmmu"],

My Linux flavor is Centos as we assumed that Taste tools where using.   At any rate the tool the script needed to find was “qemu-system-x86_64” and POK and some examples execute.   Here is my configuration now:

dogmatix:/home/reder/src/pok-20111205$gmake configure

checking for ECHO... yes

[;mchecking for MV... yes

[;mchecking for GZIP... yes

[;mchecking for MKDIR... yes

[;mchecking for GREP... yes

[;mchecking for PERL... yes

[;mchecking for COPY... yes

[;mchecking for KILL... yes

[;mchecking for CAT... yes

[;mchecking for AWK... yes

[;mchecking for CP... yes

[;mchecking for TOUCH... yes

[;mchecking for RM.... yes

[;mchecking for SED... yes

[;mchecking for SLEEP... yes

[;mchecking for CC for x86 architecture ... yes

[;mchecking for CC Ada support for x86 architecture ... yes

[;mchecking for OBJDUMP for x86 architecture ... yes

[;mchecking for RANLIB for x86 architecture ... yes

[;mchecking for AR for x86 architecture ... yes

[;mchecking for OBJCOPY for x86 architecture ... yes

[;mchecking for CXX for x86 architecture ... yes

[;mchecking for LD for x86 architecture ... yes

[;mchecking for QEMU for x86 architecture ... yes

Architecture x86 was configured

[;m[;mchecking for OBJCOPY for ppc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for CC for ppc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for CC Ada support for ppc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for OBJDUMP for ppc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for LD for ppc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for QEMU for ppc architecture ... yes

[;mchecking for RANLIB for ppc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for AR for ppc architecture ... no

Architecture ppc was NOT configured

[;m[;mchecking for CC for sparc architecture .... no

[;mchecking for CC Ada support for sparc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for TSIM for sparc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for OBJDUMP for sparc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for RANLIB for sparc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for AR for sparc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for OBJCOPY for sparc architecture ... no

[;mchecking for LD for sparc architecture .... no

[;mchecking for QEMU for sparc architecture ... yes

Architecture sparc was NOT configured

[;m[;mchecking system ... ok

[;mOcarina version and revision are good

[;mDONE !

[;m[;mdogmatix:/home/reder/src/pok-20111205$

Also it seems that many of the examples are broken or just do not run on the x86 emulation for one reason or another. Is there a better version of POK with more functionality that I can download?

Oh yes from a previous question the target we would like to run POK on is the RAD750 3U Single Board Computer from BAE Systems in the U. S.   However, I do not think this will be an easy task since POK does not support any device drivers at all so we would have to spend considerable time developing drivers.

Regards,

Len

Leonard J. Reder

Jet Propulsion Laboratory