Re: [pok-devel] POK / ARINC653 - DEADLINE_TYPE

Le Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 12:23:41PM +0100, Matias Hastaran :
> I take the opportunity to ask you 2 other questions.

No problem, you are welcome :-)

> First how can I check if the preemption is enabled or disabled?

At this time, POK had preemption enabled all the time. If you want to
enable/disable preemption, you will have to tailor the kernel and the
way it schedule the threads.

> Secondly, less important, how can I check if a thread is periodic or aperiodic?
> That information will be used to process some check for arinc. If I cannot have these information I just won't do these tests for the moment.

As far as I know, there is no difference in the standard about periodic
and aperiodic process[1]. Once again, I no longer have access to the
standard so I cannot check, but the difference is just that periodic
process has a period in its attributes and can call an appropriate
function[2] that indicates if the deadline expired or not. But as I don't
remember all the details of the standard, it would be better to double
check :-)

Greetings,

[1] In arinc653/process.h, I don't see something for distinguishing
aperiodic/periodic processes
[2] I think such a function is supported with PERIODIC_WAIT, defined in
arinc653/time.h