Re: [pok-devel] POK / ARINC653 - DEADLINE_TYPE

Le Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 02:20:06PM +0100, Matias Hastaran :
> Hi,
>
> I've one question about the DEADLINE_TYPE value. It's supposed to be an enum with two values : HARD or SOFT. But I see that is it used to store the deadline value (1000ms for exemple). My problem : I need to fetch HARD or SOFT value for ARINC implementation...
> Does POK support only SOFT or HARD value ? Or can I find this value in other place ?

Dear Matias,

When implementing the ARINC653 layer, I did not consider these aspects.
To be honest, POK does not care of these two types and did not
distingish HARD or SOFT deadlines. In fact, we assume that all deadlines
must be considered as hard.

As I no longer have access to the standard, it would be difficult
ti indicate what would be required to integrate the different
types and if this would require to modify just libpok or
also the kernel. I assume that modifying the libpok
would be sufficient (for example, by ignoring some deadlines overrun
and so on).