Re: [openag5-talk] Security code

Yes, I wrote that message. :)

> Look to this consideration:
>
> "Furthermore, the tutorial[1] mentions that there is a security code
> necessary to write to the internal flash EEPROM. Has this security
> code been enabled? If so, what are the security bytes?"
>
> I guess they probably enable that security code, so that it would be
> impossible to reprogram (or even just read) the chip, is it right?

Thankfully, the security code does NOT make it impossible to
reprogram the flash EEPROM.  We can definitely reprogram it.

Instead, the security code only makes it difficult (not impossible)
to read the flash EEPROM.  We could use a brute force approach and
try all 2**(8*8) => 4294967296 combinations of the security code but
that would take a very long time.

To clarify, the only reason I wanted to read the flash EEPROM is to
have a backup -- just in case I am not successful in writing new
firmware for the AG5: it would be a shame to have wasted $100. :)

---