Re: [hatari-users] Hatari 2.3.0 has been released

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 08:14:01 +0100
Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >   Nope, even as root. Instead, as root, I ran "make install" and
> > that worked.
>
> Which version of cmake are you using? Seems like --install is still a
> rather new option, you need at least cmake version 3.15 for this...

charles@hawk:~$ cmake --version
cmake version 3.13.4

CMake suite maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware.com/cmake).
charles@hawk:~$

Thanks, that explains that. This is on Debian 10.7 "buster", as Eero
noted.

> > * I usually compile as a regular user, and then install as root. The
> >   "make install" and "cmake --install ." commands both compile some
> >   stuff as root, prior to doing the actuall installation. This
> > leaves me with a bunch of stuff with UID and GID of 0 in a user
> > directory, not good.

> > [100%] Built target conftypes
> > Install the project...
>
> Weird, I can not reproduce that issue here. Maybe it's also related to
> your older version of cmake? Can anybody else reproduce this problem?

I went back to the build directory, and found no files owned by root. I
then ran "make install". Like Eero, I came up with one file owned by
root:

-- Up-to-date: /usr/local/share/mime/packages/hatari.xml
-- Up-to-date: /usr/local/share/applications/hatari.desktop
root@hawk:/home/charles/versioned/hatari/build# find -uid 0
../install_manifest.txt
root@hawk:/home/charles/versioned/hatari/build#

As for the "bunch of stuff", I'll leave that until I have a newer cmake.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/