Re: [hatari-users] Hatari 2.3.0 has been released

 Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, it's been some busy weeks...

Am Sun, 29 Nov 2020 13:41:53 -0700
schrieb Charles Curley <charlescurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Sun, 29 Nov 2020 00:03:00 +0100
> Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Here's a new release after nearly 2 years !
> >
> > You can get it from http://hatari.tuxfamily.org/ or directly in
> > http://download.tuxfamily.org/hatari/2.3.0/
>
> Very nice! Thank you all. I have this release (via "git pull" and "git
> co v2.3.0") running on Debian Buster (10.6). Command line and both the
> regular desktop file and the python UI all work as expected.
>
> I hit two problems:
>
> * The installation instruction in readme.txt does not work.
>
>     If all works fine, you should get the executable "hatari" in the
>     src/ sub- directory of the build tree. You can then either run the
>     executable from there, or install the emulator system-wide by
>     typing:
>
>             cmake --install .
>
>   Nope, even as root. Instead, as root, I ran "make install" and that
>   worked.

Which version of cmake are you using? Seems like --install is still a
rather new option, you need at least cmake version 3.15 for this...

> [...]
> [ 87%] Building C object
> tests/debugger/CMakeFiles/DebuggerTestLib.dir/__/__/src/debug/history.c.o
> [ 87%] Building C object
> tests/debugger/CMakeFiles/DebuggerTestLib.dir/__/__/src/debug/evaluate.c.o
> [ 88%] Building C object
> tests/debugger/CMakeFiles/DebuggerTestLib.dir/__/__/src/debug/symbols.c.o
> [ 88%] Building C object
> tests/debugger/CMakeFiles/DebuggerTestLib.dir/__/__/src/debug/vars.c.o
> [ 89%] Linking C static library libDebuggerTestLib.a [ 89%] Built
> target DebuggerTestLib Scanning dependencies of target test-breakcond
> [ 90%] Building C object
> tests/debugger/CMakeFiles/test-breakcond.dir/test-breakcond.c.o [
> 90%] Linking C executable test-breakcond [ 90%] Built target
> test-breakcond Scanning dependencies of target test-evaluate [ 91%]
> Building C object
> tests/debugger/CMakeFiles/test-evaluate.dir/test-evaluate.c.o [ 91%]
> Linking C executable test-evaluate [ 91%] Built target test-evaluate
> Scanning dependencies of target test-symbols [ 92%] Building C object
> tests/debugger/CMakeFiles/test-symbols.dir/test-symbols.c.o [ 92%]
> Linking C executable test-symbols [ 92%] Built target test-symbols
> Scanning dependencies of target hatari_prg_args_man [ 92%] Generating
> hatari-prg-args.1.gz [ 92%] Built target hatari_prg_args_man Scanning
> dependencies of target atari_hd_image_man [ 92%] Generating
> atari-hd-image.1.gz [ 92%] Built target atari_hd_image_man Scanning
> dependencies of target atari_convert_dir_man [ 93%] Generating
> atari-convert-dir.1.gz [ 93%] Built target atari_convert_dir_man
> Scanning dependencies of target zip2st_man [ 94%] Generating
> zip2st.1.gz [ 94%] Built target zip2st_man Scanning dependencies of
> target hmsa_manpage [ 95%] Generating hmsa.1.gz [ 95%] Built target
> hmsa_manpage Scanning dependencies of target hmsa
> [ 95%] Building C object tools/hmsa/CMakeFiles/hmsa.dir/hmsa.c.o
> [ 96%] Building C object tools/hmsa/CMakeFiles/hmsa.dir/floppy.c.o
> [ 96%] Building C object
> tools/hmsa/CMakeFiles/hmsa.dir/__/__/src/file.c.o [ 97%] Building C
> object tools/hmsa/CMakeFiles/hmsa.dir/__/__/src/unzip.c.o [ 97%]
> Linking C executable hmsa [ 97%] Built target hmsa
> Scanning dependencies of target hconsole_man
> [ 98%] Generating hconsole.1.gz
> [ 98%] Built target hconsole_man
> Scanning dependencies of target gst2ascii
> [ 98%] Building C object
> tools/debugger/CMakeFiles/gst2ascii.dir/gst2ascii.c.o [ 99%] Linking
> C executable gst2ascii [ 99%] Built target gst2ascii
> Scanning dependencies of target hatari_profile_man
> [100%] Generating hatari_profile.1.gz
> [100%] Built target hatari_profile_man
> Scanning dependencies of target gst2ascii_man
> [100%] Generating gst2ascii.1.gz
> [100%] Built target gst2ascii_man
> Scanning dependencies of target hatariui_man
> [100%] Generating hatariui.1.gz
> [100%] Built target hatariui_man
> Scanning dependencies of target conftypes

Weird, I can not reproduce that issue here. Maybe it's also related to
your older version of cmake? Can anybody else reproduce this problem?

 Thomas