Re: [hatari-users] AVI Record problem

Le 11/07/2017 à 15:42, Grazey a écrit :
On 11/07/2017 11:00, Douglas Little wrote:

    it would be nice if Hatari could do this by itself. Eg, recording
    into multiple files if it's going above 2 GB. When recording some
    demos (like I did for Relix, which is 3+ hours long) it's a pain
    to keep track of the recording size. And if you by mistake miss a
    few bytes after two hours, yeap - do it from the start again :)

    Also on Windows (which is what Grazey runs), will it show the file
    size before it's closed? If not, the manual approach is not possible.

    And finally, if you do a longplay video of a game, it's not really
    an option to keep watching the file size..

Yeah that would be really useful as you can't change AVI destination once within the Hatari win GUI.

Cheers
Phil

My bad, I thought it was similar to audio wav recording (you can choose the filename), but it's not.

I see AVI specs 2.0 can have extra AVIX chunks to have > 2GB in the end. I will try to look at this someday (but it might not be soon)

In the meantime you can 10 record minutes for example, save memory snapshot, exit hatari and copy avi somewhere ; then restart hatari from the command line to restore the memory snapshot and record avi ; repeat as many times as needed. This way you will have seamless avi files, even if it still require some manual operations. Those file can then be merged using some avi tools.

Nicolas