Re: [hatari-users] AVI Record problem

Le 09/07/2017 à 19:57, Douglas Little a écrit :
I seem to remember this happens when the AVI file gets bigger than 2GB - which does tend to happen pretty fast :-)

(Not sure if this is just Win32 builds or x64 builds also. Haven't used recording in a while...)

Hi

yes, I was about to reply the same.

Does it happen for any record size, even 10 sec for example ?

But unfortunately, this is an AVI restriction : filesize in the riffheader is limited to 32 bits. Maybe there's an "enhanced" avi spec somewhere, but I'm not sure it will be supported by most players ?

For now, you can try to record with png and max png compression to limit file size ; also, don't use x2 zoomed resolution in Hatari, this will waste avi size for nothing, it's more efficient to use x2 zooming in your video player later.

Nicolas