Re: [hatari-users] Freemint Trunk ( Helmut's branch) on Hatari

Hi Eero !

Le 20/03/2015 21:37, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> You would need either TOS v3, TOS v4 or EmuTOS 0.9.4 to test these.
>

>> The most tricky part was to find an XHDI compatible Hard Disk Driver
>> that Hatari would accept.
>
> What Hatari version you're using?

I am using a mercurial checkout from thee months ago.

> I remember that you had earlier tested following drivers:
> ---------------------------
> Atari ACSI driver 5.5:
> works fine for partioning, and fine for using
>
> CBHD Driver:
> partitioning fails with the message HDC: Unsupported MODE SENSE command
> booting a hard disk image partioned on a real Atari Works
>
> ICDPro AdSCSI driver:
> partitioning fails with the message HDC: Unsupported MODE SENSE command
> booting a hard disk image partioned on a real Atari Works
>
> SCSIToolDriver:
> partitioning fails with the message HDC: Unsupported MODE SENSE command
> booting a hard disk image partioned on a real Atari fails  with the message
> HDC: Access to non-existing LUN. Command = 0x00
> ----------------------------
>
> Were there also some other driver(s) that didn't work?

I did not do here further testing.

>> By the way are there any plans to had some kind of Ethernec emulation
>> for Hatari, or are you rather interested on the demo / gaming side of
>> things ?
>
> Hatari target is accurate emulation and things that require it.  Basically
> this means plain TOS, and with that there's really not use for network
> emulation (no drivers that could be used with that emulation).

Well the Ethernec has a plain TOS driver which works well woth the Sting
TCP/IP static
(http://home.arcor.de/thomas.redelberger/prj/atari/etherne/index.htm)
but I agree
the use case to have this emulated is not that big.

Since there is now MMU Emulation, does it mean something like NetBSD and
Linux Atari ports could theoretically work ?
Quite curious to see if a NetBSD kernel for Falcon would boot.

Thanx for the feedback  !

Emmanuel