Re: [hatari-users] Hatari Win32 builds with mingw

On 27/01/2013 13:28, Douglas Little wrote:
Hello,

Is there a guide in existence describing how to building a Win32
executable of Hatari from a Linux environment?

I had a quick try from Cygwin using this (from the hatari/build path):

  cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=Toolchain-mingw32.cmake ..; make clean; make

...however it just created another (nonworking) Cygwin executable as if
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE had been ignored and I didn't notice any errors
from cmake regarding mingw... there could be an environmental
configuration issue on my system or I could be invoking the build in the
wrong way.

Any kind of 'first steps build guide' would be handy for quickly
eliminating mistakes/misunderstandings at my side and getting access to
the new Hatari profiling features.

Hello,

there's no real guide, as it works quite easily.

Under linux, run "./configure --cross-compile-win32" then "make".

You will need to install mingw and the mingw version of sdl, unzip, ... (use the ones provided by your linux distribution, no need to compile these yourself)

You might need to edit "Toolchain-mingw32.cmake" if it doesn't find your libraries.

(I can't say if it works when compiling directly under Windows, as I don't use Windows)

/Note: A native Cygwin build does complete without errors and produces
an executable, but when run it exits with an SDL configuration / missing
video device error. This is probably also an environmental/SDL config
problem at my side but it seems like less trouble to just follow the
MinGW build procedure others have been using?/

I think this is a more general SDL issue, maybe some missing video options when you compiled it ? You should look in SDL forum, I don't think your error message is related to Hatari.

Any help or links appreciated!

Doug.

Nicolas