Re: [hatari-users] Support for using USB-Serial converter as Midi IN/OUT device in Hatari on Mac OS X?

On lauantai 25 helmikuu 2012, Frank Danapfel wrote:
> If I use http://code.google.com/p/macosxvirtualserialport/ to create a
> virtual serial setup on OS X with "socat" similar to the one described
> in the "Midi and networking" section in
> http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-file/tip/doc/mid
> i-linux.txt I'm able to start two instances of Hatari on OS X and run
> MidiMaze2 in both of them and have them communicate with each other.
>
> But if I try to use the physical USB device on Mac OS X Hatari 1.6.1
> hangs on startup when I  set the following in hatari.cfg:
>
> [Midi]
> bEnableMidi = TRUE
> sMidiInFileName = /dev/tty.usbmodemfd141
> sMidiOutFileName = /dev/tty.usbmodemfd141
>
> Hatari gets as far as opening the main window, but then the Atari screen
> inside stays black and I have to force quit the app. I'm using the
> Hatari 1.6.1 version for Mac Os X available at
> http://jerome.vernet.pagesperso-orange.fr/emulateurs.html.
>
> In the Terminal I'm able to access /dev/tty.usbmodemfd141 as the same
> user running Hatari without problems, so I'm almost certain that it is
> not a permissions problem. Does anybody here have  a suggestion on how
> to get this working?

How these USB devices work?  Do they have flow control etc like serial ports
of the old days have?  Do they expect something to connect to the other end
before first connector can proceed (like e.g. happens with midi)?

	- Eero