Re: [hatari-devel] SCC options

On 5.1.2024 23.40, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 05/01/2024 à 22:10, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
RS232 & MIDI have only input & output file options.

Why SCC A & B port have additional short-hand option for giving same file for both input & output?

I'm asking because that's a bit inconsistent, and Thomas has earlier recommended avoiding extra options (because Hatari has already so many of them).

short answer : I don't know :)

At first there was only the scc-b-out option, scc-b and scc-b-in were present but commented. So I un-commented them and added similar options for scc-a, but I don't know where those namings come from at first, feel free to change them if no one remember :)

I see (from Git history), that Thomas had initially added those other options (for port-B) as commented out, and you just uncommented them and added similar ones for port-A.

Thomas, did you have some specific reason for this minor inconsistency with MIDI & RS232 options (having extra convenience option for setting both input&output at same time, but only for SCC)?

	- Eero

PS. I changed the SCC option defines in option.c a bit, to make them slightly more readable: https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/commit/?id=12c3da0642eb536611f17e5c3f4dcbd181ba6cb4