Re: [hatari-devel] Sound lowpass filtering?

Le 01/09/2023 à 10:19, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 01/09/2023 à 03:45, Brad Smith a écrit :

It's been a little bit frustrating that nobody has commented on the sound recordings at all. Has anyone listened to them? Has anyone analyzed them? Do you have subjective feelings about their quality as I do? Do you think my evidence is wrong? Do you have recordings of your own? Do you have an ST that sounds more like LowPassFilter? Has anyone built my proposed changes and listened to them?

Hi

on my side, as I wrote on atari-forum, I was in holidays away from home with no correct speakers to do proper listening. Back home now, I will try to listen to your recording asap, but I have lot of "real" work at the moment, very few spare time, so please allow a little more delay :)

So, I had time to listen to your flac recordings. I must admit that for the first part of the audio I don't hear that much difference/distortion.

But it's true that at +12 sec there're 7 separate notes where a difference can be heard between the different files and hatari 2.4.1 sounds more distorted than 1040stf

Just a question regarding the recordings made with Hatari : for these 4 recordings, did you also apply the change to move the filter in YM2149_NextSample_250() (as you describe in issue #1 of your PR) ? In case I want to do recordings myself to compare with yours, I need to have filter applied at the same point as you did.